The College of Arts at California State's Fullerton campus is seeking to fill a full-time assistant professor position in Sculpture/3-D design in their Department of of Visual Arts, with the possibility of tenure as early as Fall 2018. Submissions by January 19, 2018 are guaranteed to be reviewed, however, the position is open until filled. Applicants must be qualified to teach BA, BFA, MA, and MFA courses in Sculpture and 3-D using wood/metal/plastic fabrication, mold making, metal casting, welding, kinetics, digital mediums, and studio techniques as well as being familiar with multi-disciplinary approaches to sculpting. Interested parties must have at least an MFA in Sculpture or in a related field, be knowledgeable in studio equipment and safety, have a substantial record of achievement, and have a national and international exhibition history.
Applicants will help develop the sculpture degree program, must be available to teach 3 courses per semester and must be available to students for advising and mentoring. Faculty members are responsible for any scholarly research and activity in and outside the college. Interested applicants must be able to work with international and domestic students. Interested applicants must have a passion for teaching the 1,500 undergraduate, and 60 graduate students and working alongside 31 full-time and 60 part-time instructors.
Applicants will enjoy a number of benefits including: health, vision dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent fee-waiver; campus child-care services; state system defined-benefit retirement plans; optional tax-waivering opportunities. Salary is dependent of qualifications and on budget, increases in pay are subject to contract.
In order to apply, one must submit a:
- Cover letter pertaining to your experience and qualifications
- A detailed resume on your experience and qualifications
- Contact information on at least three references
- Your teaching method and philosophy that explains your experience, ability and articulation in interacting with diverse student body and faculty
- A digital portfolio of 20 images of creative/scholarly works that is a representation of the applicants skills and accomplishments from the last five years.
- A digital protfolio of 20 images of creative/scholarly works that is a representation of students achievements that represents an applicant's ability to teach on a technical level and one student practices. Must include contextual information and a sample syllabi.
- A sample of a syllabi and work assigned to students
- Must be at maximum two pages.
Finalists who pass the first round of consideration will be contacted by a secondary committee where finalists will be required to submit: three up-to-date and signed professional letters of recommendations that must be uploaded to an online recruitment system, official academic transcripts from tertiary educational institutions and additional material as needed.
Applications can be submitted here. (Position 9950BR)
Full job listing can be found here.
More information on benefits can be found here.
More information on the department that has the open position can be found here.
For questions, please contact Dale A. Merrill, Dean, College of the Arts @ email@example.com, with the subject line “Sculpture Search,” or call 657-278-3256.
Appointments will begin on August 2018.