Visiting Artist Fellowships
- Scheduled access to all UrbanGlass studios, technical support and instruction.
- Budget to cover materials and studio fees for the length of fellowship (to be outlined in the fellowship agreement, prior to the start of term).
- Fellowships do not include room and board.
DEADLINES AND DATES
- Applications are due by Wednesday, Febraury 28, 2018 at Midnight EST, .
- Fellowships will begin in March. Fellowships must be completed over the course of 2018.
UrbanGlass' newly renovated 17,000-square-foot facility contains a complete glassworking studio with a hot shop, cold shop, flameworking studio, neon shop, and kiln shop. Visiting Artists may make use of any or all of these areas of the studio.
JUDGING CRITERIA AND NOTIFICATION
UrbanGlass fellowships are designed to provide artists with the opportunity to develop a body of work and explore new techniques using the medium of glass. Artists will be chosen on the basis of past work and specific plans for utilizing UrbanGlass’ facilities as described in their proposal. Artists working both within and outside the glass field are encouraged to apply. A selection committee of artists, curators, and UrbanGlass Staff will review applications.
- Applicants must be over 21 years of age when fellowship commences.
- Applicants must have basic English language skills.
- Glass experience is not required.
- The following are NOT eligible to apply: Current students, current UrbanGlass employees, current UrbanGlass board members, artists who have received a grant from UrbanGlass in the last two years.
To apply, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "2018 Visiting Artist Fellowship application." Send all information as attachments. Any information submitted in the body of the email will not be considered:
- Current CV or Resume as a PDF
- One to two-page proposal or project description as a PDF, including:
- Techniques and materials you intend to use.
- How your time at UrbanGlass will benefit your career and artistic development.
- Why this project is best undertaken at UrbanGlass.
- How you plan to give back to the UrbanGlass community: consider a demonstration, lecture, presentation, exhibition, etc...
- Five images as .jpeg files and corresponding image list as PDF:
- Include an image list that describes title, date, media/technique, and dimensions for each image.
- Only one piece per image, please.
- Please label each file with your last name and the number corresponding to your image list (Example: Smith01.jpeg)
- The name and contact information for two references as PDF.
QUESTIONS: 718.625.3685 or email@example.com