Studio & Marketing Assistant
The Studio & Marketing Assistant is responsible for bridging the communications divide between studio staff, office staff, and artist community members, while serving as the organization’s main receptionist and greeter. Sitting at the third-floor reception desk, this position works cross departmentally, reporting to the Director of Education and the Director of Operations. This position is Monday to Friday from 9:30-5:30pm and requires occasional evening hours for special events.
UrbanGlass’ studio program serves approximately 350 working artists and over 3,000 students each year, with two different residency opportunities for artists. The Studio & Marketing Assistant is the first point of contact for each visitor to UrbanGlass and will need to clearly and effectively assess needs and communicate policies.
Responsibilities INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
Studio and Office Assistance
- Create a clean, friendly reception environment for all guests (email, phone, and in person)
- Be the primary point of phone and email contact for incoming inquiries
- Create and adjust equipment bookings for renting artists (email, phone, and in person)
- Create equipment and space rentals for all facility programming
- Process and track payment for equipment rentals
- Order office supplies
- Collect and organize submissions for UrbanGlass open calls
- Organize and maintain expedited student pick up of work produced in classes
- Organize and maintain expedited pick up of all packages
Communications and Marketing Assistance
- Maintain website and update with all upcoming events and all new classes
- Draft and send bi-weekly eblasts and a monthly studio bulletin in Mailchimp
- Create and track online ads through Google AdWords
- Update UrbanGlass’ social media platforms, coordinating content strategy with all programs
- Provide assistance to registering students
- Prepare class packets and forms
- Check out tool kits and glasses for students
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with STUDIO AND MARKETING ASSISTANT in the subject line.