Request for Proposals: Centerpieces for UrbanGlass’ 2019 Gala & Auction
About UrbanGlass’ Gala & Auction
Up to 260 of UrbanGlass’ most significant supporters attend this event, including donors, glass collectors, gallery owners and artists. The event opens with a cocktail party and silent auction in the Agnes Varis Art Center; guests enjoy a seated dinner, with awards and a live auction in BRIC’s ground floor black box theater; the event finishes in UrbanGlass’ 3rd floor studios for an After Party and Performance.
- Work should be primarily glass.
- Work will be positioned on a 60” round table, with a circle of roughly 20” diameter of available space at the center. Please consider sight-lines across the table and to the stage.
- Work will be for sale as a part of UrbanGlass’ fundraising efforts at the event.
- Work that encourages interaction (or additional donations!) among table guests or with the work is welcome.
- Budget: up to $200 per table.
- Selected projects will adorn between 6 and 26 tables. (Between 1 and 5 designs will be selected to fill out the room.)
- Consider whether or not your work will incorporate flowers. UrbanGlass works with a floral designer to augment each table, and will work with each selected artist to determine a strategy to enhance their work.
- Projects cannot incorporate open flames.
- UrbanGlass will not be responsible for any expenses (shipping or otherwise) to get the work to the event.
Dates and Deadlines
- Please submit your proposal by Friday, January 25, 2019 to email@example.com.
- Proposals will be reviewed by the UrbanGlass Gala Committee and responses made by Friday, February 15, 2019.
- (At least) One complete work must be at UrbanGlass by Friday, March 29, 2019 for photography.
- All complete works must be at UrbanGlass on Friday, May 3, 2019.*
To apply, please send the following materials to Rachel Feinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “2019 Gala Centerpiece Proposal”. Send all information as email attachments:
- Current CV or Resume highlighting previous applicable work.
- A brief (no more than 500 word) proposal describing the object or installation, keeping in mind the parameters described above in “guidelines” section.
- 2-3 Images of proposed works, with details about dimensions. Make sure to clearly label each image with the artists name. If you wish to leave a sample work – please make arrangements via email with Rachel Feinberg prior to the application deadline.
- Include project cost and proposed sale price. Artist is responsible for all material and studio fees incurred in making the work.
- UrbanGlass will pay selected artist(s) a deposit of $100 per table to be created at the outset of the project, and the balance upon delivery to UrbanGlass*.
*Artworks should be delivered in packaging adequate for storage and protection.
Please direct any questions to Rachel Feinberg: email@example.com.