Art Center Associates (flexible)
Part-Time Art Center Associates
UrbanGlass seeks flexible sales associates to support operation of UrbanGlass’ Agnes Varis Art Center (AVAC), our ground floor exhibition and retail space, to cover periodic staffing needs. This is not a typical part-time position and hired candidates will be offered shifts on an as-needed basis. Successful candidates will have previous retail experience, strong customer service skills, and comfort working with the public.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing visitors excellent customer service and generating sales.
- Answering questions about UrbanGlass and its programs.
- Assisting in visual merchandising and maintaining a clean storefront and gallery.
- Actively learning about the artists and vendors represented in the store.
- Supporting events – opening receptions, event rentals, artists talks happening in the space.
- Associates may also be asked to support additional programmatic needs of UrbanGlass, with periodic project assignments.
- 2+ years’ experience in retail, non-profit, cultural, or arts organization.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Competent in executing delegated tasks, communicating progress, and working proactively.
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter as a single PDF, to email@example.com with "AVAC Associate_Your Name" in the subject line.
We strongly encourage individuals that have not been historically represented in the arts sector to apply. UrbanGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.