Founded in 1977 UrbanGlass was the first artist-access glass center in the United States and is now the largest with 17,000 square feet of state-of-the-art studio space. Our mission is to foster experimentation and advance the use and critical understanding of glass as a creative medium.
Our state-of-the-art studios serve over 12,000 professional artists and students annually seeking to learn about the possibilities of the material. Classes are offered to students at all skill levels and as young as age 11 in a variety of techniques, including glassblowing, kiln work, flame work, mosaics, and neon. Over 3000 students a year study and work with faculty that includes world-renowned artists and designers.
The Marketing Director, working with the Executive Director and Director of Development, is responsible for developing and implementing effective overall communications, media and outreach strategy, that raises awareness of the organization, its projects, programs, and events. The Marketing Director will report to the Executive Director.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Plan, oversee, and implement an organization-wide marketing and communications plan.
• Develop and manage internal review processes for communications.
• Maintain, update, and eventually revamp the organization’s website.
• Work closely with external PR consultant.
• Plan and coordinate marketing campaigns to increase awareness of the organization’s work and profile, creating an influential presence in arts, design and general press.
• Develop and manage the communications budget.
• Write, create, distribute, and edit captivating print and digital marketing materials, including press releases, press kits, general announcements.
• Generate and implement new content ideas for digital initiatives, and the organization’s social media accounts and website, including crafting and posting original content, event photography, and videos.
• Develop and coordinate email communications and outreach that promotes and supports the organization’s activities, collaborating with key staff to achieve visibility and increase audience.
• Track and analyze results of campaigns to optimize future performance and growth.
• Monitor electronic, social media, and print coverage, provide reports, maintain archives of media coverage, and manage press clippings to be shared internally and with key stakeholders.
• Manage external designers, photographers, vendors, and consultants as needed
• Working closely with the Director of Development to plan, coordinate and execute special events.
• Document each event and opening through photography and A/V coverage including social media update and web content for each event.
• Support the development department, under the direction of the Director of Development and leadership of the Executive Director.
• 7+ years’ experience in public relations, communications, non-profit, cultural, or arts organization.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
• Strong copywriting and copyediting skills.
• Demonstrated experience and success in planning and executing cohesive marketing and communications campaigns across content channels, on time and on budget.
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize material into eﬀective and impactful campaigns.
• Experience analyzing channels, websites, and campaigns, and implementing learnings.
• Deep familiarity with major arts, design, and general press outlets
• Proficiency in creating and implementing social media growth strategies and using publishing platforms.
• Experience in CSS, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Google Analytics and other audience tracking analytics.
• Competent in executing delegated tasks, communicating progress, and working proactively.
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter, as a single PDF, to email@example.com and state “Marketing Director_Your Name” in the subject line.
People of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ people are always strongly encouraged to apply.