Founded in 1977 UrbanGlass was the first artist-access glass center in the United States and is now the largest with 17,000 square feet of state-of-the-art studio space. Our mission is to foster experimentation and advance the use and critical understanding of glass as a creative medium.
We serve over 12,000 professional artists and students annually seeking to learn about the possibilities of the material. Classes are offered to students at all skill levels and ages in a variety of techniques, including glassblowing, kiln work, flame work, mosaics, and neon.
UrbanGlass seeks a creative individual with top-notch writing and communication skills, a passion for art and design, a love of story-telling, and a meticulous eye for detail. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing effective overall communications, media and outreach strategy, that raises awareness of the organization, its projects, programs, and events. Reporting to the Director of Development, this is a full-time 40-hour per week position
Primary responsibilities include:
• In partnership with the Executive Director and Director of Development, plan, oversee, and implement an organization-wide marketing and communications plan.
• Create, edit and distribute, print and digital marketing materials, including press releases, press kits, general announcements.
• Generate, implement and manage new content ideas for digital initiatives, and the organization’s social media accounts.
• Develop and coordinate email communications and outreach that promotes and supports the organization’s activities, collaborating with key staff to achieve visibility and increase the audience.
• Edit, organize and archive all image files.
• Maintain, and update the organization’s website.
• Maintain archives of media coverage, and manage press clippings.
• Manage external designers, photographers as needed
• Document each event and opening through photography and A/V coverage.
• Support the development department, under the direction of the Director of Development and leadership of the Executive Director.
• Minimum 4 years of experience of applicable marketing or communications experience.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
• Strong copywriting and copyediting skills.
• Experience in CSS, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Google Analytics and other audience tracking analytics.
• Experience in creating and implementing social media strategies and using platforms.
• Experience with photographing events and programs.
• Familiarity with major arts, design, and general press outlets.
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter, as a single PDF, to firstname.lastname@example.org and state “Marketing Coordinator_Your Name” in the subject line.
People of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ people are always strongly encouraged to apply.