Agnes Varis Art Center Assistant
Founded in 1977, UrbanGlass was the first artist-access glass center in the United States and is now the largest with 17,000 square feet of state-of-the-art studio space. Our mission is to foster experimentation and advance the use and critical understanding of glass as a creative medium.
Our glass studios and art center serve over 15,000 professional artists, designers and students annually seeking to learn about the possibilities of glass.
Agnes Varis Art Center Program Assistant
The UrbanGlass Agnes Varis Art Center Program Assistant assists in the daily operation and organization of the store and exhibition space. They will have retail and design experience, strong customer service skills, and experience working with the public. The Program Assistant will be flexible in helping where needed in the programming of the Agnes Varis Art Center (AVAC). This full-time position is Saturday - Wednesday and will include some holidays and special events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greeting all visitors, answering questions about the exhibitions and products in the store.
- Serving as a salesperson, and prioritizing this facet of the role while visitors are in the space. This role is public-facing, and the assistant’s focus will be on providing visitors with excellent customer service.
- Working collaboratively with the AVAC Program Manager towards the goals of the Art Center.
- Working with the UrbanGlass team to facilitate a social media schedule and maintain a digital advertising presence.
- Supporting inventory administration: checking products into inventory and regularly assisting in maintaining products on the UrbanGlass website.
- Assisting in the growth of UrbanGlass|ware presence online and through digital advertising.
- Photographing products for use on the website and social media.
- Assisting with coordination of exhibition programming.
- Assisting in visual merchandising and maintaining a clean storefront and gallery.
- Designing printed and web materials as needed.
- Actively learning and staying on top of UrbanGlass programs and artists to be able to confidently speak with customers.
- Assisting the Development Department when needed.
- Supporting events happening in AVAC.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- 3+ years of experience in retail sales, non-profit, or a cultural organization.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- The ideal candidate has a passion for creating exciting content to promote the organization.
- Proficiency in creating social media content, 2+ years experience.
- Comfortability in CSS, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, in photo editing, and design.
- Competent in executing delegated tasks, communicating progress, and working proactively.
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter, as a single PDF, to email@example.com and state “AVAC Program Assistant_Your Name” in the subject line.
We strongly encourage individuals that have not been historically represented in the arts sector to apply. UrbanGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.