2018 Studio Residencies
This opportunity is supported in part by the Metropolitan Contemporary Glass Group's Jerry Raphael Fellowship for emerging artists. One resident will be selected for this special opportunity.
The Studio: UrbanGlass' 17,000-square-foot facility contains a complete glassworking studio with a hot shop, cold shop, flameworking studio, neon shop, and kiln shop. Residents may make use of any or all of these areas of the studio.
The following are not eligable to apply:
- Current UrbanGlass employees.
- Current UrbanGlass board members.
- Artists who have received a grant from UrbanGlass in the last two years.
The deadline for this year's Studio Residency has passed. Please check back for 2019 application dates.
Fellowship Time Line: Start date is Tuesday, February 6th, 2018. All residencies must be completed during 2018, and artists will give a public presentation at the end of their project.
Judging Criteria and Notification: The Studio Residencies are designed to provide emerging artists working with glass the opportunity to develop a new body of work. Artists will be chosen on the basis of past work and a new project as described in their proposal. A selection committee of artists, curators, and UrbanGlass Staff will review applications.
How to apply: Send and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "2018 Studio Residency Application."
- A PDF of your current CV or Resume (5MB max)
- A one page PDF proposal or project description, including the nature of the work you would like to create and how your time at UrbanGlass will benefit your career and artistic development (5MB max)
- Image list PDF that describes title, date, media/technique, and dimensions for each image (5MB max)
- Five images- Images must be JPG files only, 300 dpi at 3” x 5,” and please label each file with your last name and the number corresponding to your image list (Example: Smith01.jpeg)