Policies and guidelines are essential until further notice. All this information is subject to change. ***Updated December 20, 2021
Youth age 5 to 11 are required to show proof of at least one dose at this time and by January 29, 2022 proof of at least two doses of a WHO approved vaccine [or one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine] against COVID-19 for entry into UrbanGlass spaces.
As of December 27, 2021, anyone age 12 and older must show proof of at least two doses of a WHO approved vaccine [or one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine] against COVID-19 is required for entry into UrbanGlass spaces.
When UrbanGlass reopens on January 4, 2022, we will recheck proof of vaccination for all accessing the space. Proof can be presented as a:
- Paper Card or digital photo of it
- Digital Card
- NYC COVID Safe App
- Excelsior Pass
Staff will perform a visual check of your card and note your name on an internal confidential list so you do not need to show it each time in the studio.
Temperature checks continue at the security desk when entering through the Rockwell entrance. If requested by security, please show proof of vaccination, UrbanGlass Staff will still visually check you record even if security checked it.
Masks continue to be required for all age 2 and older.
- Once the community transmission risk is moderate or lower for a 10-day period, UrbanGlass will review the CDC guidance regarding masks indoors
- A KN95 or KF94 face covering is recommended
Self monitoring is a priority
- Anytime you do not feel well or are sick, stay home [or depart ASAP], and monitor your symptoms to determine if you should get a COVID-19 test
- If after 24 hours, you have COVID-19 related symptoms, or symptoms not relating to known health conditions, it is recommended to get a Rapid Antigen or PCR test.
- If no test is taken with a negative result, stay home at least 10 days until your symptoms improve or you consult a healthcare provider
- If you completed the primary COVID-19 vaccine series, and have been in close contact [within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes of more within 24 hours even with a mask on] with someone who is confirmed to have COVID-19
- Stay in quarantine for at least 3 days, monitoring for signs and symptoms
- Get a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen or PCR test 5 to 7 days after close contact
- If a negative test result, you may return to the studio
- If positive, stay in isolation for a minimum of 10 days
- If you are not fully vaccinated and you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, stay home for a minimum of 10 days from last contact with that individual.
- Follow the CDC guidelines for quarantine
- Regardless of testing, do not return to the studio until 10 days after close contact
Confirmed COVID-19 case
- Follow through with contact tracing efforts through the department of health
- If you were onsite in the 2 days immediately prior to the confirmed positive test or start of symptoms, contact either:
Return to UrbanGlass after confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case or other illness with similar symptoms
- After minimum of 10 days since symptom onset and
- 24 hours without a fever without the use of medication and
- other COVID-19 symptoms have improved without the use of medication [exception: loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks/months]
- Call the Deputy Director or Studio Manager prior to return
- For severe COVID-19 cases or weakened immune system due to health condition or medication, consult your healthcare provider for a plan to return
- For any lingering concerns that affect breathing, or cause fatigue or other health concerns that may be exacerbated by glassworking, consult your healthcare provider before returning
2021 UrbanGlass Studio Use Updates and Reminders
- Studio access continues on a sign-up basis, either through registering for a class or rental bookings through Checkfront
- Access for packing continues by reserving a table in the flat shop
- Please sign in when arriving to the studio
- Quick pick-ups or drop offs during normal operating hours do not need to an appointment
- Please be cleaned up and finished by the end of your reserved time
- Rental hours as of September 2021 forward: Tuesday through Friday, 9AM to 8PM, Saturday and Sunday 10AM to 8PM.
- A public calendar through Checkfront is available as an overview of studio activity for project planning purposes and for when classes are using the studio.
As hours and activity increase in the studio again, it is important to be mindful of:
- Following instructions and requests from the Techs
- Only storing items in designated locations
- Removing unloaded work and student projects from shared shelves
- Leaving the studio doors closed
- only prop open doors for moving large objects in and out of the studio
- Sharing the space and equipment
- time spent on one piece of equipment is limited to two hours when another person is waiting to use it
- Avoid storing work or packing materials on the flat shop tables or other shared studio surfaces
- Keep from allowing too much water to pool on the cold shop floor, due to an unfortunate tilt in the room, you must squeegee water to the drain to prevent flooding the mold room.
- Classroom will be accessible for breaks when there is not a class
- Please wipe down area after use
- Limit your time in this space unmasked
- Restrooms are at normal occupancy
- One shower is open for use
- If you use it, clean it afterwards
- Cleaning supplies will be provided
- Remove unwanted items from the fridge regularly
- Due to increased studio activity, please continue to limit visitors as we all adjust to the extended hours and increased activity
- Visitors will need to follow the same protocols as the Staff and community.