Policies and guidelines are essential until further notice. All this information is subject to change. ***Updated March 8, 2022
Masks continue to be required for all age 2 and older. A KN95 or KF94 face covering is recommended. Being up to date with a WHO approved COVID-19 vaccine is highly encouraged for anyone age 5 and older.
Temperature checks continue at the security desk when entering through the Rockwell entrance.
We are monitoring the NYC COVID-19 Alert Level to determine when additional public health measures are required.
Self monitoring is a priority
Anytime you do not feel well or are sick, stay home [or depart ASAP], and monitor your symptoms to determine if you should get a COVID-19 test
- If after 24 hours, you still have COVID-19 related symptoms, or symptoms not relating to known health conditions, it is recommended to get a Rapid Antigen or PCR test. Do not return to the studio until you have received a negative test result.
- If no test is taken with a negative result, stay home at least 10 days until your symptoms improve or you consult a healthcare provider
- If you are up-to-date with a COVID-19 vaccine, and have been in close contact [within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes of more within 24 hours even with a mask on] with someone who is confirmed to have COVID-19
- Stay out of the studio for at least 5 days, monitoring for signs and symptoms
- Get a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test on day 5
- If a negative test result, you may return to the studio
- If positive, stay in isolation for a minimum of 5 days from positive test result or onset of symptoms. Once symptoms abate
- If you are not fully vaccinated and you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, stay home for a minimum of 10 days from last contact with that individual.
- Regardless of testing, do not return to the studio until 10 days after close contact
Confirmed COVID-19 case
- If you were onsite in the 2 days immediately prior to the confirmed positive test or start of symptoms, contact either:
Return to UrbanGlass after confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case or other illness with similar symptoms
- After minimum of 10 days since symptom onset and
- 24 hours without a fever without the use of medication and
- other COVID-19 symptoms have improved without the use of medication [exception: loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks/months]
- Call the Deputy Director or Studio Manager prior to return
- For severe COVID-19 cases or weakened immune system due to health condition or medication, consult your healthcare provider for a plan to return
- For any lingering concerns that affect breathing, or cause fatigue or other health concerns that may be exacerbated by glassworking, consult your healthcare provider before returning
2021 UrbanGlass Studio Use Updates and Reminders
- Studio access continues on a sign-up basis, either through registering for a class or rental bookings through Checkfront
- Access for packing continues by reserving a table in the flat shop
- Please sign in when arriving to the studio
- Quick pick-ups or drop offs during normal operating hours do not need to an appointment
- Please be cleaned up and finished by the end of your reserved time
- Rental hours as of September 2021 forward: Tuesday through Friday, 9AM to 8PM, Saturday and Sunday 10AM to 8PM.
- A public calendar through Checkfront is available as an overview of studio activity for project planning purposes and for when classes are using the studio.
As hours and activity increase in the studio again, it is important to be mindful of:
- Following instructions and requests from the Techs
- Only storing items in designated locations
- Removing unloaded work and student projects from shared shelves
- Leaving the studio doors closed
- only prop open doors for moving large objects in and out of the studio
- Sharing the space and equipment
- time spent on one piece of equipment is limited to two hours when another person is waiting to use it
- Avoid storing work or packing materials on the flat shop tables or other shared studio surfaces
- Keep from allowing too much water to pool on the cold shop floor, due to an unfortunate tilt in the room, you must squeegee water to the drain to prevent flooding the mold room.
- Classroom will be accessible for breaks when there is not a class
- Please wipe down area after use
- Limit your time in this space unmasked
- Restrooms are at normal occupancy
- One shower is open for use
- If you use it, clean it afterwards
- Cleaning supplies will be provided
- Remove unwanted items from the fridge regularly
- Due to increased studio activity, please continue to limit visitors as we all adjust to the extended hours and increased activity
- Visitors will need to follow the same protocols as the Staff and community.